Yesterday I received the Kreativ Blogger Award from the amazing photographer and blogger known as BlueCrabYoYo! I was very honoured and excited to have been selected as a Kreativ Blogger – Thank You Sonja!
I love Sonja’s photography and have been subscribed to her blog for some time (if you don’t follow her, please do). When I received her latest post in my inbox yesterday, I was more than surprised and elated to see my name on her list of nominations. My first award!
*Gasp – there it is!*
Since I both humbly and most graciously accept this award, the rules require that I tell you seven things about myself and nominate seven other bloggers for the award. First and foremost, before I get started, I would like to thank each and every one of you for reading and for helping me get here.
7 Things About Eurolinguiste
- I am a musician. My main instruments are saxophone and flute but I’ve recently decided to become a singer-songwriter so I sing and try to play acoustic guitar. I play other instruments, but you can ask me about that later.
- Before I became a musician, I wanted to be a marine biologist. Jacques Cousteau was my idol. I have been a licensed scuba diver since the age of 14. I wrote a book about sharks and another about dolphins when I was 7. No, they were not published (thankfully).
- I have the Batman symbol engraved on one of my saxophones.
- I still write in composition notebooks. I have a whole shelf of those I’ve filled up.
- If I love anything more than music, it’s linguistics.
- My love of crafting developed when my mother took me to classes as a child. It was something we would do together and it is still something we share.
- I paint and draw in secret.
7 Blogs I Nominate and Why
- BlueCrabYoyo – I’m not sure what the protocol is on this, but I want to renominate BlueCrabYoyo. She deserves being nominated for this award twenty times over.
- HealthyFrenchie – Healthy Frenchie’s dedication to health and fitness is inspiring. Plus she lived in France, the UK and North America just like me!
- The Book of Alice – A blog run by the mother of a beautiful and clever little girl named Alice. It features all of the intelligent and comedic things Alice says and the posts are sure to make you smile.
- Ariella42 – Ariella is a soon-to-be bride, DIY crafter and musician. She has inspired me to try several different crafts I wouldn’t have thought of on my own – the candles that will be at my wedding next week are gorgeous thanks to Ariella!
- Clown on Fire – If anyone deserves an award for creative blogging, it is certainly Le Clown. His posts are unusual, sometimes controversial but always hilarious.
- SweetMotherLover – Of course, I cannot forget SweetMother. I would tell you why I nominated her, but you will just have to go read her blog to find out. Seriously.
- Bella Bagni di Lucca – Beautiful photos of and delicious food from Northern Tuscany. Need I say more?